Jodie Kelley's Crock Pot Potato Soup
Bear's Anecdote - There aren't too many better things to eat on a cold snowy night than a big bowl of potato soup
and a grilled cheese sandwich.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 6 slices bacon, fried crisp - you can substitute sausage
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- parsley or chives
- salt & pepper
- 1 10oz. can evaporated milk - You can substitute milk, cream or 1/2 & 1/2
- Cut vegetables into bite sized chunks then fry with bacon for a little bit.
- Put everything except the evaporated milk into the crock pot. You can cook this on the stove as well.
- Cook on low for 8 or 10 hours.
- An hour before serving, add the can of evaporated milk (or substitute).
Serve with cheese, chives or parsley sprinkles on top. If you have little soup crocks, you can brown the
cheese topping in the broiler.