Clarie Kelley's French Green Bean Salad
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box.
- 1 can French-sliced green beans
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. vinegar
- 1 to 1-1/2 c. sugar (or splenda)
- 1 to 1-1/2 tsp onion powder
- Mix together in bowl.
- Marinate in bowl in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Turn occasionally, as sugar drops to bottom.
- Cut 3-4 strips of frozen bacon into tiny squares.
- Fry bacon bits.
- When ready to serve, dump marinade from beans.
- Add hot bacon bits to beans.
- Do not heat beans, as they should be cold.
Note: You can cut back on the sugar and this is still WONDERFUL!