Clarie Kelley's Pork Chops with Saurkraut
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box. This particular one is EXCELLENT in the crock pot!
- 2 cans saurkraut
- Caraway seed
- Pork chops
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. Water
- Open two cans of saurkraut and rinse in a sieve.
- Spread saurkraut in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with caraway seed.
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Brown pork chops well.
- Place pork chops on top of saurkraut.
- Deglaze pan with water.
- Pour deglazing water over pork chops and saurkraut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/4 hr.
- Turn pork chops over part way through.
- Add hot water from time to time so saurkraut does not burn.