Clarie Kelley's Boiled Pork Dinner
(as modified by The Bear!)
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box.
The crock pot modifications are Bear's fault. The original was made in a Dutch oven.
- 2 lbs. side pork (or left over pork roast)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c. water
- 6 carrots, chunked
- 6 med. potatoes, quartered
- Onion powder
- 1 head of cabbage, cored and quartered
- 1 or 2 tsp. caraway seed
- Brown pork on all sides in skillet. If using left over pork roast, just slice.
- Remove pork to a crock pot.
- Deglaze skillet with water. If using left over pork roast, simply pour water into crock pot.
- Pour deglazing mixture into crock pot over pork.
- You might want to experiment with a little white wine, beer or vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook slowly for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add veggies
- Cook for another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add caraway seed.
- Thicken with a little flour / water mix