Clarie Kelley's Porcupines
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2+ c. raw rice
- Diced green pepper
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together and shape into oblong balls.
- Cover with a can of tomato soup.
- Add a little water.
- Bake uncovered 1-1/2 hr.
- Baste with juices occasionally.
- You could substitute a few of these for the hamburger pattie in Clarie Kelley's Hobos.
- You could use these in place of meat balls in spagetti or Noodles and Gravy.