Clarie Kelley's Meat Balls and Gravy
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box.
- Get meat balls from another recipe on this site.
- Brown meat balls thoroughly [Bear adds... in extra virgin olive oil, garlic and onions].
- Dissolve 1 cube beef bouillon in 1 c. boiling water.
- Prepare 1 package instant brown gravy per package directions.
- Mix 2 tblsp. flour with a little water.
- 1/2 tsp. gravy aid.
- When meat balls have browned, remove meat balls from pan.
- Add beef bouillon to pan to deglaze it.
- Add flour and water mix, and stir to thicken.
- Add prepared instant brown gravy and gravy aid.
- Add pepper and taste before adding salt.
- Return meat balls to pan.
- Stir occasionally and may add a little more water, if it thickens too much.
- Simmer until you're tired of it. [Bear's mother's words! Not Bear's!]
- Serve with riced potatoes and a side of veggies.