Better Homes & Garden's Cheesy Meat Loaf
Bear's Anecdote - This was another of those "I'm hungry for (insert food type here),
and I don't have a good recipe for it." Jodie found this on the web, and wow is it good!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft rye bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded provalone or mozzerella cheese
- 3 tbsp beer, milk or water
- 2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- Sliced provalone or mozzarella cheese
- In a big bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, cheese shreds, beer (or milk or water), worchestershire and seasonings.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Form a loaf in a 8x4x3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes until center is at least 160 degrees.
- Optional: Top with cheese slices while serving.
Copyright (C) 2005 Meredith Corp.