Bear's Anecdote - A friend of mine from Huntsville, Alabama (Tim P. - It isn't good to give full names on the internet.) gave me a great stack of recipes. Here is one of them.
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. well-packed brown sugar
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 3-1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. sour milk
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. walnuts
- 1 c. chopped dates
That is where the recipe ended. We have to guess. What fun!!
- Cream together brown sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and sour milk.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda, baking powder and spices.
- Add flour to batter and stir.
- Add raisins, walnuts and dates.
- Bake cookies at 355 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Immediately remove cookies to towel to cool.