Bear's Anecdote - A friend of mine from Huntsville, Alabama (Tim P. - It isn't good to give full names on the internet.) gave me a great stack of recipes. Here is one of them.
- 3/4 c. butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. finely chopped pecans
That is where the recipe ended. We have to guess. What fun!!
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Separately, sift together flour and salt. (Hmm, no levening!)
- Add flour mix to batter.
- Stir in pecans.
- Roll dough into 2-inch logs in waxed paper.
- Cut cookies into 1/4-inch slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Immediately remove cookies to towel to cool.