Clarie Kelley's Chop Suey
Bear's Anecdote - Years ago, Bear's mother sent Jodie and Bear a box of recipes. Here is one from the box. This one is a real family favorite!
- 1 or 1-1/2 lbs. sirloin steak, cubed
- Bean sprouts
- Chinese noodles
- 3 tblsp. soy sauce
- 3 tblsp. corn starch
- Well brown steak cubes.
- Option A: Pressure cook meat for 25 minutes in water.
- Option B: Toss meat into crock pot and cook several hours.
- In a small cup, mix well the soy sauce and corn starch.
- Add soy mixture to meat and stir rapidly.
- Cook meat and soy on low heat until it thickens.
- Heat bean sprouts in a small pan or in the microwave.
- Cook rice per directions.
- Pour meat and soy over rice.
- Top with bean sprouts.
- Top with chinese noodles.